As a part of my emotional self-care, I think it’s important I become a little more open to others about myself. I think now would be a great time to let you all know some random facts about me. I won’t say I’m an extremely private person; well for some things I am, but for the most part I’m pretty much an open book. Check out some random facts about me. Shayla.
1. I love to learn new things but I often experience information overload.
2. I am one of the most random people you will ever meet. I can be serious one minute and become a complete clown the next.
3. I am a single mother to a 3 going on 13 year- old little girl (Why didn’t anyone tell me girls can be such divas at such a young age).
4. I am a self-taught artist. I’ve been drawings since I was five years old. I have won a few awards and at the age of 8, I was awarded a scholarship to The Art Center in Des Moines, Iowa, where I took art classes. I was the youngest one to attend. I enjoy drawing portraits, comic book art, sketches and facial features like eyes and lips.
5. I LOVE watching action movies and reading comic books, anything with explosions and of course a good storyline is a must for me. I’m a sucker for most of the Marvel Franchise Movies.
6. I’m mostly a homebody. I enjoy solitude a little too much. There has been plenty of times I’ve turned off my phone to spend some time catching up on some reading or completing a drawing.
7. I once had 12 piercings. I had 5 piercings on each ear, one nose ring and a piercing above my lip. I hate needles so how I ended up with so many piercings is a mystery to me.
8. I love to read and have well over 200 books all over the house. I’m trying to downsize and get rid of over half of them. Does anyone want a book?
9. I love to organize and clean. My OCD usually kicks into overdrive when I am stressed. I can recall plenty of times I have organized food based off of size and color. Don’t you dare judge me! ?
10. I have a Bachelor of Science from Iowa State Universtiy in Kinesiology and Health with a concentration in Commnity and Public Health. I am currently pursuing a diploma in Web Development.
What is a random fact about yourself that you are willing to share?